- We are a church who loves and embraces all people as Christ does.
- We are a church unified by the love of Christ, committed to being present and strengthening one another.
- We are a church who acknowledges and teaches the Bible as the foundation of our knowledge of God.
- We are a church who Prays.
- We are a church who vibrantly worships through praise and adoration of God.
- We are a church who remembers the faithfulness of those who came before us and we are mindful of the example we must leave for who will come after us.
- Aspirational: We are a church who consistently shares the good news of God with all people.
- Aspirational: We are a church who gives through our time, talents and treasures (tithes and offering).
In 1872, a group of ex-slaves left the Patterson Plantation and gathered in a section of Henrico County known as the "Furnace." This group of religious seekers organized a Sunday School. A year later, the group settled in what is now known as Westwood. Mr. Robert Pemberton and Mr. Willie Williams welcomed them into their homes for Prayer Service.
In 1874, the first Westwood Church was established. The building was a log cabin erected by both men and women. The first pastor, Rev. George Daggett, served the church and community for 20 years. The congregation steadily grew. Soon another edifice was built, this time of weatherboard. A cemetery was also designated in the rear of the church.
Youth Minister, Minister Sharon Rowell
Church Secretary, Mrs. Martha White
Treasurer, Richard Lambert
Assistant Treasurer, Revardo Pretlow
Financial Secretary, Mrs Claresa Waller
Asst. Financial Sec., Diane Whitfield-Tyree
Rev. Almeta Ingram-Miller - Minister of Music and Fine Arts
Claiborne Shelton, PhD - Organist / Director
Cheryl Yancey - Director / Anointed Radical Mighty Youth (ARMY) Choir
Minister Caudie Kelly - Director/Musician / Anointed Radical Mighty Youth (ARMY) Choir
Rudy Pitchford - Bass
Maurice Logan / Luke Saunders - Drummers
Building and Grounds